Monday, February 28, 2011

Can I start a small child care business in my home?

I have a nanny since I was 18. I am now 25 and is between jobs quickly. I was going to start taking care of children in my own house. Does anyone know the law or where I can find laws about how many children I can care without liscense? I think I'm finally looking at a real thing to start, but now I just want to see children in my home without breaking the law. You probably need a permit, inspection, deposits a bond, and get an exception from the zoning laws before you can even a child of a stranger to see or advertise in any way. You must be licensed through your local social services department. They will lead you and tell you what to do to children through the whole house protection. As far as seeing more children w / o license, is prohibited in most states, unless the children are related to you. Each state has different rules and laws and such, but I'm pretty sure you need a license. I worked in a family for almost six years and we are licensed and follow strict guidelines in Kansas, we went through KDHE (kdheks.gov) for our licenses and information, and we went through the CACFP (cacfp.com) to get money in exchange for feeding nutritious meals and snacks. Maybe you are looking for on these pages will help you. If you need more help just email me julie_annette91 @ yahoo. Good luck with everything! You must leave the office that takes care of things like to contact them. I know in FL you must have a license. They also want to go to see, because God forbid the insurance on one of the kids got hurt parents seekers crazy you can sue for anything. I know here in California you have a license if you are a child of more than one family to have. You can babysit 10 children from the same family, and you're good, but when two children from different families, you must have a license to do babysitting. I think, but you should get a license. This will make parents feel safer with their children at home and you know that the house is all up to code will be for children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment